computing speed depends on location of swap partition??

Hi,
    Due to some docs that I was reading I came across an interesting (and
obvious) fact that computer speeds could be higher if data is being accessed
from multiple disks in parallel. In this context , and in the situation that
I have 2 hard-disks , would it not boost system speeds if the swap partition
was on the disk other than the one containing the native Linux partitions?
The reason why I think the answer should not be very obvious (to me) is
because I have in mind the way data is multiplexed with the single system
bus architecture , thus allowing only one disk (or device for that matter)
to output on the system bus at any given time. I perhaps am not being to
explain my confusion , and thats because I am very confused . And if the
above proposal could work , does it not make sense to place the swap
partition on the newer-faster-more_cache disk and the main partitions on the
other , or is it the other way round?? I was wondering if somebody could
work out a all-win partitioning scheme for my following setup..
Hard-disks -- 1) segate 2.1 gb , slow , 128 kb cache  , 2) samsung 4.3gb ,
faster , 300 odd kb cache .
Required SW..
Linux ofcourse... (should get main attention in performance gain..)
win-98 , win-nt-4 .

Regards,
Sundeep.