Re: How do I access newsgroups

Hi,
>>"Binand" == Binand Raj S <binand@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

 Binand> Manoj Srivastava forced the electrons to say:

 >> That may not work for people using csh derived shells. On
 >> Debian systems, set the correct server location in
 >> /etc/news/server. That would work with any user shell, and any Debian
 >> packaged newsreader.

 Binand> That is true only for debian systems.

        I said that. And, I reiterate: for people running Debian, the
 solution I detailed is better than setting the env variables.

 Binand> PS: Is there anyone left on this list who boots his machine
 Binand> into runlevel 3 and uses Mutt/Lynx/Slrn/Vim?

        What's special about level 3? (I think that is indeed the
 default setting for my Debian boxes, but I don't see the
 relevance). Whether in the console, on in a windowing system, I tend
 to sue Emacs, Gnus, and w3-el

        manoj
- --
 The length of debate varies inversely with the complexity of the
 issue. Robert Knowles
Manoj Srivastava   <srivasta@xxxxxxxxxx>  <http://www.debian.org/%7Esrivasta/>