question about network programming in Linux.

Hi, Friends:

I got some questions about network programming. I am not sure this is a
good maillist for me to post these question. If not, I apologize to
interrupt you.

My questions are:

I am doing a research project like following,

			+++++++++++++
   Q_client--------->--|     PS	    |----------- S-server1
   		       |	    |----------- S-server2
   Q_client-------->---|	    |------------S-server3
   		       ++++++++++++++

I am not familiar with network programming. I try to write the network
code of both S-server and Q_client in C. I think it is ok to do it.
However, I try to writ PS's code in JAVA since JAVA is good for dealing
with GUI.

Is it ok to write the client-server program in different lanaguage , like
the case?

As you can see the PS have two roles, one is the server of Q_client, the
other one is the client of S-server. Can I intergrate both of the roles of
PS to be one program? Since The information collected from S-server will
be computed and be kept (as a database) for Q_client. So I think the PS's
program Should be integrated in one. Am I correct or wrong? Please give me
guide or information. Any infomation will be apprciated.

Thanks in advance.

C.L.

God Bless you, in peace.