Re: X server for OAK OTI64111 TV Tuner Card (2MB)

At 10:40 AM 6/29/99 IST, you wrote:
>hi all,
>      can anybody suggest a suitable X server and configuration parameters
>for Oak Technologies OAK SVGA OTI
>64111 TV Tuner card with 2 MB VRAM.
>           thanx,
>
>                saurabh

I have the same card and it will only work with the vga16 server if you
want a resolution like 600x480 or 800x640. The SVGA server will only give
you 300x200 (or is it 320x200) resolution and that really sucks. Netscape
and GIMP will not work saying color depth not enough. I have spent the
better part of a dozen Sundays trying all possible configurations on the
XF86Config file but no luck.

Anyway, you'll have to select the generic card option, vga16 server, and do
not probe.

hth,

shahrukh.

p.s.: on last checking at the Xfree86 site, the card is still not suppoted.