Re: sound problem

On Sun, 27 Jun 1999, munir keshwani wrote:

=>I have ess 1868 and red hat 6.0 the problem is whenever I start the sndconfig it gives me an error like this
=>
=>
=>You don't seem to be running a kernel with modular sound enabled(soundcore.0) was not found in the module search path)
=>It tells me get a patch and that sound must be compiled as a module.
=>

hi munir,

do as the message tells u - recompile the kernel and include sound support
into the kernel or as a module.

- -amit

Far duller than a serpent's tooth it is to spend a quiet youth.