Re: backup/ftp

My understanding is that to do something like this you will have to have
an router because both the machines are in different subnets, Or your
gateway machine will have two network interfaces. The first one could be
a PPP interface and the second one could be a Ethernet interface. Once
the connectivity is established between the machine after defining
correct default routes, you could copy directories by  a  number of
methods.

        NFS mount
        Wget
        rcp

VA
Arvind H Kamath <hakamath@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>  wrote --
> Hi,
>   Try using rcp
>
> Bye
> Arvind
> --
>
> On Sun, 27 Jun 1999 20:29:20   netbeats wrote:
> >Hi Everyone,
> >
> >How do I ftp a directory from one m/c to another in the same LAN but
> >different domains?
> >
> >The setup is as follows:
> >Have one Linux m/c and preparing the next one but I want the IP addrs of
> >second machine to be Private IP addrs.
> >
> >After doing this I want to backup/ftp the files from m/c1 to m/c2 - how
> >can I achieve this?
> >
> >I have RH 5.0 on m/c 1 - IP addrs: 144.16.244.249
> >the second machine RH6.0 IP addrs: 192.168.1.1
> >
> >M/c one is currently working as the Internet Gateway for the LAN
> >
> >Regards,
> >
> >- maneesh

> >For more information on Linux in India visit http://www.linux-india.org/
> >

> Join 18 million Eudora users by signing up for a free Eudora Web-Mail account at http://www.eudoramail.com

- --
Vinay Avasthi (Staff Engineer)                 ------   ,__o
Vinay_Avasthi-A12733@xxxxxxxxxxxxx            ------  _-\_<,
Motorola India Electronics Ltd.============  ------  (*)/'(*)
The Senate, 33A, Ulsoor Road, Bangalore India, 560042