RE: Staroffice 5.0

> By 'current, working version of StarOffice', do you mean
> StarOffice 5.1? I had
> downloaded it some time back. I don't want to upgrade to RH6.0 if
> I can't use
> StarfOffice as my job *demands* that I use it.

I don't know. I have not used 5.1 - I use the 5.0 that came with RHL 6.0,
that too only for presentations. For wordprocessing, I use AbiWord.

However all indications from RH are that SO 5.1 that is currently
downloadable from StarDivision *is* compatible with glibc 2.1.

BTW - be aware that StarOffice 5.0 will break on *any* glibc 2.1 based
distro - this is not unique to RHL 6.0. If you would upgrade the glibc of
your current distro, it would also break StarOffice. The problem is that
StarDivision (stupidly) used undocumented calls that went away in glibc 2.1.
There are a surprisingly large number of developers who think that being
ultrasmart using undocumented calls is cool.

Atul