RE: Staroffice 5.0

> For installing staroffice I noticed from the list that you have
> to have the
> glibc2 libraries which is not installed by the CHIP special. So
> how do I get those libraries?

You do not. The StarOffice 5.0 on the CHIP CD is *not* compatible with
RedHat Linux 6.0. RedHat has a note on their site (at
http://www.redhat.com/corp/support/errata/rh60-errata-general.html) clearly
explaining this. The version of StarOffice that was on the official RedHat
Linux 6.0 CDs was a specially made one.

Installing the libraries found in the StarOffice 5.0 installation on the
CHIP CD will destroy your Linux setup - you will have to reinstall.

Using some trickery, one could make StarOffice 5.0 work >partially< with the
"compat" libraries that shipped with RedHat Linux 6.0. However for space
reasons, CHIP decided to remove those libraries from their CD.

I *did* put out a warning about this some time ago. Hopefully, CHIP will
make available a current, working version of StarOffice on their next CD.

Atul