Zgv & Svgalib display problem !!!

Hello All,

	I am having problems running Zgv on my Cirrus Logic clgd5430/2mb/PCI
card with an Acer 14".

	I have set /etc/vga/libvga.config as follows...

		HorizSync 30 50
		VertRefresh 50 100
		Chipset Cirrus

	My prob is when i run Zgv with this setting, the default mode is
corrupted when displaying the picture.  The display is fine when I press
one of the function keys immediately and change to a diff resolution. I
think it is a clear video card timings not in sync with the monitor.

	Now, zgv.conf has a section called "bad modes". I can add an entry here
to correct this problem but i do not know what is the initial mode that
zgv defaults to. Any one has an idea???

	When i change the Chipset value to VGA, zgv works fine, but display is
low resolution only. I can also add modelines to libvga.config for
various resolutions. Can i take values from XF86Config and drop them
here?

	Awaiting with bated breath !!!

- -- Shanu
  Shanker Balan                                 Debian/GNU Linux 2.1
  St. Alberts College
  Cochin