Re: linux logo at startup

"N.A. Prakash"  without reading the Documentation in
/usr/src/linux/Documentation/fb has queried :

> Would somebody please explain what VBE 2.0 compliance and frame buffering
> have to do with the ability to display the penguin logo at boot time?  I
> know there was a thread on this earlier, but I dont think this was
> clarified.  And what's Welcome2L?

Please read the relevant docs under /usr/doc and
/usr/src/linux/Documentation/fb.
There is an excellent Frame Buffering HOWTO (pre-release) by Alex Buell;
search for it using the Google Search Engine http://www.google.com/linux

Welcome2L is available for download from http://www.littleigloo.org/

ragOO, VU2RGU.
- --
Keeping the Air-Waves FREE.....Amateur Radio
Keeping the W W W     FREE..Debian GNU/Linux

The SiS 6215 HOWTO resides at http://www.linux-india.org/sis