Re: [linux-delhi] Reduced system performance after prolonged usage

Lokesh Setia <lsetia@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> =

> On Thu, 24 Jun 1999, Karan Girotra wrote:
> =

> > hey ,
> > i am using rh 5.2 with kernel 2.2.9 . after some usage (about 2 hours=
 of
usage
> > with a gui ) , the system suddenly goes into endless disk rw operatio=
ns
and
> > even moving my mouse takes about 5 seconds  to respond . in efect
rendering the
> > system unusable . Memory does not seem to be the problem as free list=
s a
decent

'dost', I would say kernel version 2.2.9 is too hot to handle right now. =
There
has been reports of file corruption and erratic behaviour with this versi=
on.
Have a look at the latest report of kernel traffic [link
http://www.kt.opensrc.org/ ] to get more. Version 2.2.7 is the best to st=
ick
to right now.

- -swaps