Re: Reduced system performance after prolonged usage

Which windowmanager are you using ? if it is not fvwm switch over to the
latest version of fvwm  and see if the problem repeats.

Also try increasing the swap space to something like 80-100 mb. With 48 mb
of swap space  It might so happen that after the 2 hour period you had
mentioned the system is caught in a read - swap loop. ( similiar to
thrashing )

							-- mary