Re: postgresql

I have loaded Red Hat linux 5.2 in my machine.
 Postgresql comes with this CD you don.t have to
Install it again. Only some setup is required to run the package. The
steps are :
   Initialise these two variables
    PGDATA and PGLIB as
     PGDATA=/home/sitansu/data(I have done this for my data)
      PGlIB=/usr/lib/pgsql
(Since the library is in this directory)
export PGLIB PGDATA
You can do this in any start up file
  like .bash_prfile or .profile etc.
Then run initdb
   $initdb
 Then run postmaster in background
    $postmaster &
     $createdb mydb
It will create a database
     $ psql mydb
It will connect to the database and show you a prompt

you can then give any SQL command in this prompt
For example
mydb=>create table employee (.......

But I don't know anythong about SuSE linux 6.0
If this information help you then I will
write more on How to run pgaccess.

O.K Bye