Re: Hi all

On Mon, 21 Jun 1999, Binand Raj S. wrote:

> I don't know about SuSE, but this works fine with RH 5.2 and Slackware
> 3. And my understanding of the setuid concept tells me that this should
> work on any Unix, barring those programs that _do_not_ allow root to
> execute them.  Maybe there is something in your documentation?

Hi,

You are right. It works fine with Unix( i tested in sun5.5.1, that is
an exception ,also SuSE). May be this can be a feature from the view point
of security.

The suid bit affects the euid of the process. And the reason i think, is
that the shell checks for the uid of the process invoking it, like the
case of the "passwd" program.

sudheer