Re: host numbers

Hi
 If you convert this number to binary it will be 32 bit binary number. Divide
that number into 4 8 bit numbers and individually reconvert each 8 bit binary
word to digits you will get the address 207.244.122.31 this is the IP address
of the site at which you gets connected to when you do http://3488...

AFAIK the dotted notation is for ease of identifying the IP address they are
NOT necessary, so in this case a IP address was specified in binary  without
the dotted noatation and the final address is converted to single decimal
number
The port is standard for http so it is known to the browser.

Hope this helps
Nitin