RE: X Programming prob...

Karthik,

Well the problem here is on unreferenced functions which means that the
libraries have not been referenced.

When you use the -l (small letter 'L') option, you specify the library
to use. While with -L (capital letter L) you give the path, where this
library is to be found.

Even though you have specified the path correctly in the second case
with the use of -L (which is partially correct), you have not specified
the library to be used while linking.

So this is how you go about it...

$ gcc -L /usr/X11R6/lib -l X11 -l Xmu -l Xt -g -I /usr/include -o Xhello
Xhello.c

(Note: The the symbols before X11, Xmu and Xt are small caps 'L' not
large caps 'i'  and before /usr/include is large caps - 'i' )

Regards,
Shashank Banerjee
Software Consultant, Communications Division
DCM Data Systems
Vikrant Towers, 4, Rajendra Place, NEW DELHI - 110 008, INDIA
Ph: +91-11-5719967-76/E-mail: shashankb@xxxxxxxxxxx