From: L.V.Gandhi [mailto:lvgandhi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, June 22, 1999 5:50 AM
To: Linux-India
Subject: Yamaha sound card

I got Yamaha sound card-OPL3-SAx. This is also not recognised in
sndconfig in RH5.2. I ran pnpdump > isapnp.conf and edited the latter. I
get the following message during booting.

Soundblaster audio driver Copyright (C) by Hannu Savolainen 1993-1996
SB 3.1 detected OK (220)
sb: Interrupt test on IRQ5 failed - Probable IRQ conflict
SB DSP version is just 3.1 which means that your card is
several years old (8 bit only device) or alternatively the sound driver
is incorrectly configured.
YM3812 and OPL-3 driver Copyright (C) by Hannu Savolainen, Rob Hooft
1993-1996

Still I can run Music CDs. Any comments welcome.
- --
L.V.Gandhi
MECON, 5th Floor, RTC Complex, Visakhapatnam AP 530020 INDIA
http://www.poboxes.com/lvgandhi  lvgandhi@xxxxxxxxxxx,
lvgandhi@xxxxxxxx,  31882656@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx