Linux Security

Hi,

I had an interesting discussion with a friend who thought that
"Proprietary Unices" were a better hedge as regards security than an OS
like Linux which is developed over the net and whose "Source Code" was
freely available. His argument was that since the "Code" was available
the OS could be compromised more easily.

My argument was that the security setup in any OS is more of an art and
is a continuous process and, that a known "glitches" were any day better
than unknown "holes" in a proprietary system and is a lot dependent on
the person implementing it. I also mentioned about the prolific use of
Linux on the Net.

Thoughts gentlemen.

regards

Krishnan