Re: Hi all

sudheer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx forced the electrons to say:

>     I don't know about 'sudo'. That is not there in my system.
> Is it a shell command or an application. but the method of
> copying shell works with Unix systems( again, not in Sun version). Also
> in SuSE. The only way i found is to set the uid to 0, before exec-ing
> the shell
> sudheer

sudo is a setuid application that lets you allow specific users execute
specific commands as root. You add an entry for a given user to the file
/etc/sudoers and he/she will be allowed to execute the commands you have
specified in the file.

I don't know about SuSE, but this works fine with RH 5.2 and Slackware
3. And my understanding of the setuid concept tells me that this should
work on any Unix, barring those programs that _do_not_ allow root to
execute them.  Maybe there is something in your documentation?

Binand