Re: I can't run sendmail normally

> anindya wrote:
> >
> > I am new to linux. Now after a long cry I was finally able to configure
> > it. I made a user called anindya. I tryed sendmail -q command but it
> > sayed command not found. But as root it does. I can't even halt my
> > system with halt command. Can I give user anindya the rights to these
> > two commands.

I never meddled with sendmail. I have always happily used `mail' or
`pine', both of which are automatically set up with my machine. Of course,
my machine was connected to the institute mail server via ethernet card
and I just had to give the gateway and mailserver IP addresses. This I did
while configuring the ethernet card. Is this sendmail very different? I
have seen many queries re this?
Ashok