Re: 486 with a large HDD

Chetan Kumar <chetansk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>  wrote --
> On Thu, 17 Jun 1999, Jeffrey Yep wrote:
>
> > Is that possible?!! Are you saying that my 486 can handle a HDD with
> > thatmuch memory? Or do I have to add on some other hardware like extra RAM
>
> Extra RAM has got nothing to do with this, as I have told U already, I am
> runnin RH 5.2 on a 486. More details 486 66MHg, 8M RAM, and ofcourse I do
> not run X on it frequently.
>
> > P.S. So I don't necessarily have to change my chip processor and motherboard
> > to handle a HDD of say 6.5 GB(I was planning to get a AMD k6 processor and I
>
> I am not sure, but it should be possible.
You will have to worry more about the BIOS in the system and hard disk
controller.
- --
Vinay Avasthi (Staff Engineer)                 ------   ,__o
Vinay_Avasthi-A12733@xxxxxxxxxxxxx            ------  _-\_<,
Motorola India Electronics Ltd.============  ------  (*)/'(*)
The Senate, 33A, Ulsoor Road, Bangalore India, 560042