From: Rajesh Fowkar [mailto:rfowkar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, June 17, 1999 11:59 PM
To: linux-india@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: DOOM error

Hi Jayanth,

Thanks a lot. I have done as you have said. I am running KDE with
800x600(16bit) and I got the same error which you have got. But from the
linux
prompt DOOM runs fluently. The only missing part is the music which is not
playing. Rest everything such as SFX sounds are working excellently. Why the
Music is not playing ? Any idea ?

Since you are running windowmaker in 1024x768 resolution, I just wanted to
ask
you one more thing. Any special configuration is required to bring my
resolution from 800x600 to 1024x768.  I tried changing the resolution in
XF66Config file. But the screen looks garbled in that resolution. In
Windows I am getting 1024x768 resolution with the same card SiS6215 with
2MB VRAM.

Thanks again.

Rajesh