Re: 486 with a large HDD

Hello

  I suggest you a solution.

  You create a FAT partition with Dos(i.e. 504 MB). Install Linux on that
& then run Linux fdisk. It can see the whole world. Not like Dos.

  & by the way, installing large HDD on 486 machine is not a problem. I am
running the same 4.3GB Seagate HDD on a 486 DX4 100MHz machine.

 I would like to know the results of your effort.

  Regards
    Shridhar