Re: UNIX & Windows...????

> On Thu, 17 Jun 1999, Karthik K H wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> >  On the other hand , when I installed windows 95 ,
> >  it was completed in 30 minutes flat. Everything was configured the way
>
> And you have to mention that ur machine was also flat 35 minutes after
> windows was installed.
> > Eat Java , Sleep Java , Drink only HOTJAVA.
> Eat Linux, Sleep Linux, Drink only Linux and ***k windoes
>
> -Chetan S

Now why are we so bogged down with windows.. Karthick really has a point to
make. We all know linux is faaaar superior from win95 and incomparable
to win95. Whether it is in multi-task/user/ or performance or reliablity.
why unneccessarily reiterate that often??!!

But it is high time we understood the user's perspective.. Karthick as
a user has struggled in installing linux(and assuming he has good
technical knowledge too, it should have been really difficult).
Lets accept it. Cant we take this positively and work
towards giving a one line command or few clicks for the installation of linux?

cheers,
Suri