Re: samba configuration problem

On Wed, 16 Jun 1999, sksharma wrote:

First sorry for the previos mail, I pressed ^x insted of ^c in my pine
window. now back to problem.

> thanks for suggestions. i made all changes as you suggested, but problem
> remain same.  the basic problem is that the machine name is not visible

The first this is that the netmask and broadcast address on ur linux host
should be as as that on the NT/windose host. This imp as netbios name
service is broadcast based.

Second , the guest account should be a valied account, need not be ftp
but need to be a valied account, in swat make is as default, this will be
nobody I suppose, so U should have account by name nobady on ur linux
box.

And take case that ur guest account have read perms to
/var/log/samba/locks . This will default be the case.

If none of these work, let me know, and if it works, let me know what made
it working, U may send me personal mail

and manas, makeing security=share is not mandatory for ur host be seen on
NN.

Thanks

- -Chetan S