bridge

On Thu, Jun 17, 1999 at 10:43:34AM +0530, Thus spoke K.Muralidharan :
 -->
 -->
 -->   Can anyone  let me know about the various products (bridges) that are
 -->  available for interconnecting a FDDI ring and Ethernet/Fast Ethernet  Lans.
 -->
 --> We have a bridge connecting our Ethernet Lan to FDDI with a bandwidth
 --> limitation of 10Mbps.We would like to upgrade it to 100 Mbps.Also kindly
 --> let me know about  Fast Ethernet on FDDI and related products.
 -->
 -->  Kindly let me have the Vendor's contact address.
 -->
 --> -Murali
 -->

There are high end 100MB - 1GB switches/bridges from
vendors like Lucent tech ( http://www.lucent.com , Cajun Integrated
switches ) and low end switches/bridges from companies like D-link also.
D-link bridge/switches do only lower layer switching like MAC address
filtering, ip filtering etc .., but for high layer switches ie.,
application, presentation layer switching, only Cajun class of switches
can do the job

cisco should also be having  similar products

jagadish