Inode

As far as I remember the ext2utils package comes with a library and
documentation which allow you to call ext2 routines directly.  I
presume this would include finding out info about a file given its
inode and being able to access its data blocks.

Of course, you realise that given an inode number the method of
actually getting to the data blocks of the file would differ from
filesystem type to filesystem type.

Regards,

- -- Raju

    sudheer> Hi,

    sudheer>  I have an seemly off-topic question, but any Gurus
    sudheer> please enlighten me.

    sudheer>  I know only the inode number of a file. Is there anyway
    sudheer> i can fetch the contents of the file( preferably through
    sudheer> a C program) . Assume the access permissions are OK with
    sudheer> the file.

    sudheer>  I'd be grateful for any pointers .

    sudheer>  Sudheer