Re: [xmms]

On 15 Jun 1999, SWAPS wrote:

>Look for permissions on audio device for users (specifically /dev/dsp and
>/dev/audio).

You probably misread the post. I can play mp3 files using xmms as a
normal user. I am a member of the audio group which is  the owner of
/dev/dsp, etc. I am not able to see the audio tracks as a normal user.
Setting the program suid did not help. What other options are there?

Thanks for your help,

sridhar

Sridhar M. A.
Department of Physics