Re: Remote boot for Linux....

Sunit Mathur wrote:

> I have two machines with Linux on one box and network cards with boot ROM on
> both the boxes. I want to try remote boot from one machine. Is it Possible??
> If yes I would love detailed instructions....
>
> I would be glad for all the help.
>
> Thanx in advance.
> Regards,
> Sunit Mathur.

If it is absolutely necessary,
then only try it out.

Else the easiest way is to put a floppy drive costing Rs.500-600 and use
single floppy linux to boot the machine.

Else if you still want to try then,

1. Read the diskless-howto.
2. You may have to reprogram the boot rom. The commercial boot rom which
comes with network card is for netware only.

End If
End If

Best Wishes.
- -mukund