vgetty problems

Hi,
	I have configured my linux box as answering machine using vgetty,
now problem is that, when the remote calling party hangs down the phone,
vgetty do not disconnect the modem from the line, it will still continue
to record the voice till it is stopped by the maximum record time
configured in /etc/mingetty/voice.conf file. What do I have to do so that,
vgetty hangs down modem when the remote party goes to on hook.

- -Chetan S

persists in trying to adapt the world to himself.  Therefore all
                -- George Bernard Shaw