Re: respawning too fast

On Sat, 12 Jun 1999, Sunil Sarat P wrote:

> I have problem installing gnome on my machine. After installing all gnome
>  rpms, when I try to start gdm, I get the following error message
> "Unable to open shared libraries
> libgnome.so.32: error in loading shared libraries
> init: respawning too fast. Disabled for 5 minutes"

U have problem installing gnome. How did U installeld gnome ?? rpm then
did U used --force, basically U have not installed few libraries that are
required. And regarding respawning too fast problem , U have made init 5
as default init, and running gdm as init 5. So disable this. in
/etc/inittab file in the line id:X:initdefault: make X as 3, in ur case it
should be 5

- -chetan S