Re: [System Probing Utility for Linux !!!]

>         I have a ASUS P5-AB Ali Chip-set Socket7 mother board which has=

> temperature and voltage sensors. The temp and voltage values can be rea=
> either thru the BIOS setup screen or by the supplied utility called
> 'ASUS PC-Probe'. Unfortunately, it is available as a Win32x binary only=

> :-(
>         =

>         Does anybody know of a probing utility which will provide
> similar functionality for Linux. Judging by the popularity of ASUS
> mother boards i think someone might have written one.
> =

I do not know about ASUS motherboards as such but if it uses LM78 based c=
hip
then you can use the lm_sensor module to track the system health. There i=
even a KDE application which uses this [link
http://synergy.linuxbox.com/klm_home.html ]. There you can get more info =
and
links to lm_sensor project.

HTH