System Probing Utility for Linux !!!

Hello all,

        I have a ASUS P5-AB Ali Chip-set Socket7 mother board which has
temperature and voltage sensors. The temp and voltage values can be read
either thru the BIOS setup screen or by the supplied utility called
'ASUS PC-Probe'. Unfortunately, it is available as a Win32x binary only
:-(

        Does anybody know of a probing utility which will provide
similar functionality for Linux. Judging by the popularity of ASUS
mother boards i think someone might have written one.

        The reason why i want this so badly is that i wish to over clock
my processor(K6-2/350) to 375MHz or more depending on the heat
generated. The relative change in temperature before and after
over-clocking can be ascertained in the following ways :

  1. Use the BIOS setup - which requires a reboot.
  2. Load Win32 and run the manufacturers' supplied utility.
  3. Open the case and manually touch the processor/heat sink which is
not practical or accurate.
        However, I would like to use my Debian GNU/Linux box to do the
same. I use win32 as a last resort only.

        Is ASUS a Linux aficionado ? Perhaps i can take up this matter
with them . I am eagerly waiting for U R 2 cents !

SHANU
- --
- --==SHANU==--
Shanker Balan                    Debian/GNU Linux 2.1
St. Alberts College
Cochin