Re: More problems with the mailing list

Rajkumar Andrews proclaimed:
> Would you suggest a good one please?  Handling mailing list has become a
> "chore" for me too.  My friends have a vsnl account but they too seem to
> be unhappy.  If you suggest a good one I will start using it pronto.

Unfortunately, I do not use these free email services very much.  So I
don't know which one is the best for subscribing to mailing lists like LI.
Generally, the thing you should look for in a good free email account:

1. Disk space.  Services like Yahoo and Hotmail offer about 3M of disk
space.  If you are the kind of person who does not check email often, you
are bound to go over your limit when you are subscribed to a high volume
list.  Some services also offer extra disk space for money.

2. Email provider should have good connectivity.  You usually do not have
much say in this.  From my experience, hotmail and yahoo bounce more
messages than vsnl.

3. Email service should provide multiple acess methods.  Meaning you should
have the ability to check your email via the web, via a POP / IMP email
client, via a shell etc.

Thaths
- --
"Marge, this ticket doesn't just give me a seat.  It also give me the
    right -- no, the duty -- to make a complete ass of myself."
                     -- Homer J. Simpson
Sudhakar C13n http://people.netscape.com/thaths/ Lead Indentured Slave