Re: LILO config

On Wed, 9 Jun 1999, Ravindra Jaju wrote:

> I don't remember the exact syntax. But once you put the corresponding
> lines in lilo.conf, no one can normally  start in other run-levels, like
> single user mode etc.
>
> regards,
> jaju

 Though i put "password" line in lilo.conf, it's not asking for passwd
while booting into single user mode.

this is my lilo.conf, could any one point out, what modification is to
be done.

# LILO Konfigurations-Datei
# Start LILO global Section
append="boot"
boot=/dev/hda
#compact        # faster, but won't work on all systems.
linear
read-only
password=sud
prompt
timeout=50
vga = normal    # force sane state
# End LILO global section
# Linux bootable partition config begins
image = /vmlinuz
root = /dev/hda2
label = linux5.1
# Linux bootable partition config ends
#

 also after editing this file ,is it sufficient to reboot it once, or
should i give any other command at prompt for running the lilo.

Sudheer