Re: LILO config

The "password" option in LILO helps to make the system secure in case he
machine is not located in some "physically" secure place.

Then, when  anyone, on startup, tries to pass on any parameters to the
kernel, s/he is asked for a password. But this password is not asked for
when the booting process is the "default" one.

I don't remember the exact syntax. But once you put the corresponding
lines in lilo.conf, no one can normally  start in other run-levels, like
single user mode etc.

regards,
jaju