RE: SAMBA password

> I am able to view my Linux Server on a win9x client's Network
> Neighbourhood.
> But when I click on that it give me a login like
> //ns/IPC$ which can't be changed and asks for a password.

Your server is set to be in "user" mode, which means it is effectively
emulating a Windows NT server, which means  you have to have your Windows
client set to log into a Windows NT server. This was explained in our
articles in PCQ.

If you do not want to do this, edit /etc/smb.conf and set the mode to
"share" from "user".

Atul