Re: Ripping CDs (was Re: Playing VCD with xanim)

Aranya wrote:

> >I have happily ripped CDs and turned them into WAV and MP3 files from just
> >about every CD drive I have owned, ATAPI, SCSI and even proprietory 2x
> >creative drives back in the mid 90s. Basically, any drive that complies to
> >the Orange Book can do this.
> >
> Any ideas why my CD drive does not rip? It's a fairly standard LG 8x drive.
>
> Akshat

Hello,
	CD-ROM drives have to support DAE for extracting audio. The red book
standard only deals with analog audio(I think). I had posted a more
detailed mail previously on this topic. Please go through the archives.

- --==SHANU==--
Shanker Balan                    Debian/GNU Linux 2.1
St. Alberts College
Cochin