How do i.....

hello,
we have a Linux server as our gateway to the Internet using a dialup
connection. We fetchmils using fetchmail and distribute them to diff
accounts according to the pop3 accounts. And the machine acts as a mail
server too....relaying mails to our VSNL server.

Everytime a mail client checks mails the system logs are filled with lots of
messages. how do I prevent certain programs to make entries in the system
logs....

e.g. popper, named, sendmail etc....

because in 2-3 days the system logs become so hefty that there is a lot of
useless space occupied by the files in /var/log. esp. the messages.* files

May I be enlightened by some suggestions...

VaibhaV Sharma
webmaster@xxxxxxxxx

- ----------------------------
VaibhaV Sharma