Re: Sound card problem

Hi

I think i've found your problem... you need to uncomment the line conaining the line "#  (ACT
Y) " , i.e, remove the '#' at the beginning of these lines...I'm placing a mark infront of
these lines in your isapnp.conf file and sending it to you. You can then manuaully edit
them....

Pls go thru your isapnp.conf file wich i'm sending back to you..I've put in my comments
whereever changes are required...

after making the required changes in the file ... save it as /etc/isapnp.conf
and then do the following
1) run the isapnp program , i.e. , type " isapnp /etc/isapnp.conf " as root
2) You should get a display messg that your card is configured and a checksum etc...
3) Now run sndconfig and configure your card as SB 16

hope this works....
bye
rutvik

- ------> pls remove the '#' from the next line ... it should be just ( ACT Y )