Re: Hi all,

Hi Raj,
   thanks a lot and it did work. But one doubt is still bugging me. When
I gave
"linux single" at the lilo prompt it asked for the root passwd. But when
I gave
"linux init=/bin/sh" it directly entered into root. could you please
elaborate
on this?

Also I would like to thank all of you who gave me suggestions.

regards,

Sanjay.