Re: Root login from remote system

Hi,
>>"VaibhaV" == VaibhaV Sharma <helpindore@xxxxxxxx> writes:

 VaibhaV> edit the file /etc/securetty i your favourite editor and add
 VaibhaV> some terminals to it

 VaibhaV> this is actually the list of terminals from which root is
 VaibhaV> allowed to log in, and are supposed to assumed as secure
 VaibhaV> terminals (experts please correct me if I am wrong)

        Are you sure they are secure? Adding psuedotty's to this list
 is a really bad idea. What is wrong with initially logging in as an
 ordinary user, and then su-ing to root? The ideal, as Atul has
 pointed out, would be to use ssh, and possibly suo, to accomplish
 what needs be done.

        manoj
- --
 linux: because a PC is a terrible thing to waste (ksh@xxxxxxxxxxx put