Sorry, quite off - topic

Hi  guys.
           Crashed  my  computer  and  re-installed  .  While  using
Dial-Up
 Networking  in  Win95 ,  I  get  the  message "  Modem  being  used
by  another
 telephony   program "  can't  seem  to  find  any  other  program
using  the
 modem .

 Any  suggestions?

 sorry  for posting  here.  But  I  feel  it  is  the  best  place  for
technical
 help.

 Wish  I  had  taken  Linux up  earlier .  Have  got  admission into
M.S computer
 in  U.S and  have  to  brush  up  on  my  programming  skills.

 Sorry  for  putting  something  general  here  and  also  off-topic.

 Sanjay