Re: X on remote system

On Sat, 05 Jun 1999, you wrote:
>Host A: Where your X applications lie (the Client)
>
>Host B: Where your X display is running (the Server)
>
>1.  On B, after loading X type this in an xterm:
>
>	xhost +HostA
>
>This will allow clients from HostA to connect to the X server.
>
>2.  Login to HostA and in an xterm type:
>
>	export DISPLAY=HostB:0
>
>This will tell any X clients you run now where the server is.
>
>3.  Run any X clients you want from that xterm in HostA.
>
>You can also run xdm on HostA and then start x on HostB with:
>
>	X -query HostA
>
>after which your complete X session will run as if it had been started
>from HostA.
>
>You need a minimum of about 115.2 Kb/s to run X.  I've tried it on
>14.4 lines and it sucks, works beautifully on 10 MB/s ethernet.  Also
>see if you can use LBX (Low Bandwidth X) somehow.
>
>Hope this helps,
>
>-- Raju

thanks raj and others >>>>

With your help (and some help from the  ldp howtos) i was able to run x , but
still cannot open  my audio device (on the client ) from programs running on
the host . I guess if i could setup a link from the audio device on the host
to my audio device (the client). The problem is how to set links across network
file systems.. any ideas or other workarounds ????
K runs an audioserver how can one connect to it ?
I  have heard of some compression protocol that can be used to link the xserver
and the host . Any details ???
- --
Regards ..
Karan Girotra,