Re: imapd !!!

Imapd runs as root and doesn't need any permissions to read/write mail
folders.  Most other mail clients run as setgid mail, and need the
mail folders to be group mail with rw-rw---- permissions.  If Imapd is
changing the permissions, it's a bug and should be reported to the
distribution maker (or the author if you didn't install imapd as part
of a distribution).

Regards,

- -- Raju