Re: Xi Graphics avail in India ??

On Tue, Jun 01, 1999 at 04:15:18PM +0530, Atul Chitnis wrote:

> Let us all take a moment here to bend our heads and pray that the next
> system integrator to offer anyone a SiS6215 card will get chewed up by a
> herd of rabid hyenas, and then get trampled by a herd of elephants
> (unsuccessfully) learning ballroom dancing.

Isn't the hardware compatibility list linked to www.redhat.com/support
already doing that ? We have pointers to all those in the FAQ.

The RH guide tries to differentiate hardware that works better by using
some "Tier" based classification. But other sites (most notably XFree86)
don't do that.

Perhaps we can have a list of cards which are popular in India and which
are known not to work well ?

Also, KD, who manages the website isn't very active on the list. So keeping
such a list on the web site is probably not feasible. If someone else
volunteers to maintain it, we can certainly add a pointer.

	-Arun