Re: VideoCD Player for Linux

>But if i directly play the file using the player (mtvp) the file is played
fully. But
>in both the cases the playback is in window. In graphical mode Full Screen
option
>splits the screen into two and the player gets hanged. While using the
actual player
>I am unable to do Full Screen Playback since there is no command line
option
>for full screen playback.

Hi rajesh,
I haven't installed the player yet ;-) But yes, I have downloaded the
packages and
reqd docs. I got the following info for fullscreen playback for mtvp:
(From
ftp://ftp.mpegtv.com/pub/mpeg/mpegtv/player/x86-unknown-linux-glibc/README-V
CD)
If you want to use the full-screen mode, you need to run mtv as root or mtvp
must be set-uid root. To set-uid root, become root and type:
$ chown root mtvp; chmod +s mtvp
For details, see file /usr/doc/mtv/README-Fullscreen
**** SECURITY WARNING!!! ****
Setting the 's' bit of mtvp (set-uid root) creates security holes and allows
a user to perform privileged operations. Therefore if you have a system that
must be secure, you must remove the 's' flag (set-uid) of mtvp with:
I guess this will serve your purpose.
Kousik