RE: Xi Graphics avail in India ??

> portable systems and protocols. I even pay for software I buy. However,=
> thought Linux would run out of the box, and I would not need to buy fur=
ther
> stuff to make it run. (And I was cheesed off that I still have to use '=
98

You cannot expect to run Linux out of the box for all possible configurat=
ion
but only some. Companies like MS can which invest in creating drivers for=
 all
those configs. can, yet you find so many times it does not run properly u=
nder
Win9x also. You have to understand that Linux and OSS can succeed if comp=
anies
are forthcoming on their specs and developers are eager to develop for th=
em.
In a way I would say that the responsibility of Linux running 'out of the=
 box'
lies on you and us. Unless we give feedbacks to our problems and how we s=
olved
them the next person would have that much difficulty.

As to your problem (I think it was Tri3D) I got the following info from
www.searchlinux.com under Subject: Still no S3 Trio3D support in XFree86
3.3.3.1???
" The XFree86 FAQ states that they received the hardware documentation in=

Nov. '98 and support would be in an upcoming release .... WHEN!?!  It's
May '99 for jimmy's sake!@ "

HTH
- -swaps