Re: Sound card problem

S Chetan Kumar wrote:

> On Mon, 31 May 1999, L.V.Gandhi wrote:
>
> > I ahve aztech 2320 sound card with modem. Later is disabled in the card.
> > During bootup msg appears pci device set and some parameters are
> > written. After that i get the msg that device is busy when sb compatibel
> > is set. How to stop previous PCI setting. I feel that is the culprit not
>
> If I am not wrong that should be done in rc.sysinit. I can not remember
> off-hand what is doing that, just checkup /etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit
>
> -Chetan S
>
> > allowing the souncard to function.
> > --
> > L.V.Gandhi

Hi
even i've a Aztech2320 sound card and i faced simmilar problems as you are
facing..The sound card needs to be initialized using the isapnp tools...setup the
correct IRQ and DMA settings in the /etc/isapnp.conf file . This will initialize
your Aztech2320 card b'for the sound modules are loaded...But even afer lot of
tweaking around i've not managed to get it  work in the 16bit mode.. it works
only in the 8 bit mode...so i can't play the mp3 files using x11amp.It will be
highly appreciated if anybody can help me configure it so that i can make it work
in the 16 bit mode...I've RH 5.2 running kernel 2.2.and i've tried out all the
availablre optionn in sndconfig

thanks
rutvik