Re: problems with linux...

On Tue, 01 Jun 1999, you wrote:
>On Mon, May 31, 1999 at 10:42:13AM -0700, did owner-linux-india@xxxxxxxxx write:
>> From: munir keshwani <munirk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>> To: "Linux (E-mail)" <linux-india@xxxxxxxxx>
>> Subject: help
>> Date: Mon, 31 May 1999 23:17:17 +0530
>>
>> Well I have a 200 mmx machine with pci 5446 2mb vga card and 4.3 hdd I =
>> have win 98 on the mbr .=20 I can load linux from the pcquest but will it
>> be possible for me that = when ever I start my comp. A menu will appear
>> and ask me to boot from = win 98 or linux so need not put the lilo loader
>> Well one of my friend has done it but he is not accessible now all I can
>> = recollect is he had done it through linuz or some utility like that.
>> Can anybody help and get me a solution Hey he did it something in the
>> autoexec.bat and config.sys .

Well i can not think of any way in which autoexec.bat  and config.sys can be
manipulated to load an os .
if you r looking for a graphical menu based bootloader i have recently
downloaded a bootloader called   gag it is an excellent boot loader though it
causes some problems in booting from extended dos partitions . I have put the
file up on my webpage for downloading

http://home.talkcity.com/sonnetst/rikku/gagenl.zip

ps -- would somebody tell me if it is legal to put up files  under the gpl
lisence for free downloading after  making some changes  without the knowledge
of the author.

Karan Girotra,
Indian Institute of Technology Delhi
91-011-6864507